Where will you find anyone who’s anyone in social marketing next week? At the Arlington Renaissance Hotel, with over 500 of their most respected peers – at the 5th World Social Marketing Conference.
That’s where Hager Sharp will be. As the Social Media Sponsor, our Senior Digital Strategist Emily Zeigenfuse will be live-tweeting the conference from @WSMConference. Participate using #WSMC17 and look for your tweets on the Twitter displays in the plenary room and in the Exhibit Hall.
We’re proud to also be presenting across a variety of topics:
Tuesday May 16th
- Janicia Moore, will be a featured presenter in the Ballroom, as part of the afternoon plenary session, Social Marketing: The Next Generation, at 1:15. Janicia’s talk, More Than Messengers: Creating Change, will help you think carefully about who you choose as messengers and advocates for change.
- Jennifer Wayman, our president and CEO, will take part in a panel discussion about the vital role private sector companies can play in addressing problems that can’t be solved by government and non-profits alone. Join us for the panel session, Food For Thought – Engaging Companies as Agents of Change to Influence Behavior for Social Good, in the Ballroom at 2:15.
- And, don’t miss our CDC client Judith McDivitt’s presentation, Applying Social Marketing Principles and Methods to Preventing Type 2 Diabetes in Salon 2, at 11:25 am.
Wednesday May 17th
- Christina Nicols, Katherine Nicol, and Cecily Naron will present Hager Sharp’s work on behalf of CDC’s HPV Vaccine Is Cancer Prevention campaign, exploring the three key barriers to HPV vaccination—access, understanding, and clinical opportunities. They will share research data, targeted messaging, and communications best practices to help increase HPV vaccine acceptance among providers and parents, with a focus on clinician engagement. Join us in Salon 2, at 12:20.
- Roshni Devchand will present on an innovative new approach to ethnography that Hager Sharp implemented on behalf of USDA’s WIC program, to learn more about the barriers low-income moms face when it comes to breastfeeding. Join us in Studio F, at 3 pm.
- Also at 3 pm, in the Ballroom, you will find the Hager Sharp co-authors of CDC’s session on the Zika Domestic Readiness Campaign. Come learn from CDC’s Katherine Lyon Daniel and Lynn Sokler, about the challenges CDC faced in effectively raising awareness and promoting the use of prevention behaviors in communities at high-risk for Zika.
In addition to our presentations, we also have an exhibit booth at the conference. Stop by to see what the future of social marketing holds (as told by our fortune cookies), learn about Hager Sharp’s services, and chat with our staff! You can find us at booth 5.
Trish Taylor, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President