Join us in celebrating our first 50 years.
We are excited to share that Hager Sharp is celebrating its 50th Anniversary! A lot has changed since Susan Hager and Marcia Sharp founded Hager Sharp in 1973, blazing a trail for women in business and the communications field. But Hager Sharp has never wavered from its commitment to embracing diversity as a key to our clients’ successes.
To this day, we are fortunate to create communications and marketing campaigns for a wide range of mission-driven institutions, businesses, and nonprofits. Our clients are dedicated to improving health, advancing education, and transforming communities – and we’re dedicated to helping them accomplish their missions. Check out just a few the recent opportunities that our clients have given us to learn, grow, and demonstrate our expertise in education, public health, integrated communications, and social marketing.
And people have noticed our work. We’ve been honored to receive industry recognition hundreds of times over the past 50 years, including:
- In 1983, only 10 years after Hager Sharp opened, the firm won an award for being the largest women-owned PR firm in Washington D.C.
- From 1990 to 2015, five current or future Hager Sharp women won Washington Women in PR’s Woman of the Year award:
- Marcia Sharp (1990)
- Susan Hager (2004)
- Jennifer Wayman (2007)
- Debra Silimeo (2010)
- Christina Nicols (2015)
- In 2000, Susan Hager was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame of the National Association of Women Business Owners. She and Debra Silimeo also had the honor of being inducted into the Public Relations Society of America’s National Capital Chapter Public Relations Hall of Fame in 2005 and 2015, respectively.
- In 2016, the Washington Business Journal ranked Hager Sharp #4 among independent PR firms in DC.
- In 2022, Hager Sharp was named to PR Daily’s Top Agencies list.
“Over the next year, we’ll reflect on how embracing diversity from the beginning has made our firm the industry leader that it has become,” said Jennifer Wayman, Hager Sharp’s president and CEO. “We’ll also share some sneak peeks on what we have in store for the years to come. Because one thing is clear: The first 50 years provided a solid foundation and by continuing to embrace diversity, things are only looking even brighter.”
Keep up with the excitement at: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
Trackback from your site.